I was threatened not to partake in #FixTheCountry demo – Efia Odo finally speaks

Efia Odo

Ghanaian actress and socialite, Efia Odo has finally responded to questions on why she did not attend the highly anticipated FixTheCountry demonstration that was held on August 4 in Accra despite her advocacy about the campaign.

In a tweet sighted on Friday, August 27, Efia Odo said she was threatened by some people on numerous occasions not to attend the demonstration on that day or bear the consequences thereof.

Additionally, she said her mother upon sensing danger also pleaded with her to stay away from the event.

Efia Odo said she saw reason in the need not to risk her life by means of making more enemies for herself but rather endeavour to push for change through other channels.

"“My life was threatened on numerous occasions and my mother begged and cried for me to not go. She told me Ghana was not worth dying for but | can in my way make a change".
she wrote.

She made this known when she was responding to a question by one of her followers on why she missed out on the demonstration.

Source: mynewsghana.net

Post a Comment

0 Comments