I should’ve started music years ago – Gyakie’s sister reveals

Sheila Acheampong has said she is enjoying her time in the music industry after deciding to enter the field after years of hesitation.

In an exclusive interview on GhanaWeb TV with Paula Amma Broni, the daughter of Highlife star, Nana Acheampong, said that it is not shocking to see her younger sister, Gyakie, dominating the charts with her songs.

According to the young talent, music runs in the blood of her family.

“For so many years I kept saying that I was going to do music. I would call somebody and be like, I want to do music, what do you think? They will go like, it is in your blood but then, my dad (Nana Acheampong) has already done it and when Gyakie came into the scene, I thought to myself, should I shun this? I also thought of pursuing my passion for fashion so they do music.

“Once the calling comes, you can’t really say no so I had to. I was like, why didn’t I start? Way back, why didn’t I start? I am loving it. It is really cool,” Sheila told Paula Amma Broni on Talkertainment.

Sheila Acheampong has said she is enjoying her time in the music industry after deciding to enter the field after years of hesitation.

In an exclusive interview on GhanaWeb TV with Paula Amma Broni, the daughter of Highlife star, Nana Acheampong, said that it is not shocking to see her younger sister, Gyakie, dominating charts with her songs.

“I loved singing, I knew I could sing, but did I want to do music? No, I wanted to be an actress, I want to do fashion. I was really minding my own business but Gyakie, even when she was young recorded a song in one of my dad’s studios,” said Sheila.

Source: ghbase.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments