Darkness is a spiritual place for art, that's why I record my songs in the dark - Gyakie

GyakieGhanaian singer, Jackeline Acheampong, well known in the music industry as Gyakie has revealed that she enjoys recording all her hits in the dark and this is why.

Gyakie who shot to fame with her most popular song ‘Forever’ revealed that darkness is a spiritual place for arts, thus she enjoys recording her songs alone in the studio because it puts her in the mood and gives her all the imagination she requires to write her lyrics.

Speaking in an interview with Becky on the E-Vibes show, Gyakie revealed that darkness inspires her to write good lyrics especially when the song is about love.

She said;

“It is a spiritual moment for me whenever I have to record music. Whenever the place is dark, I feel I am in the studio alone. Even without the producer, I am able to imagine whatever I want to write in terms of the lyrics, especially when it’s a love song.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments